Kanzashi tsumami is the Japanese art of folding delicate squares of silk into three-dimensional flower petals. In the United States, the online craft culture has sprouted a renewed interest in making Kanzashi with American crafters devising simplified ways to create these gorgeous fabric flowers and incorporating more user-friendly materials like cotton and synthetic fabrics along with the traditional silks.
Kanzashi in Bloom takes the American interpretation of Kanzashi a step further, presenting modern, more easily executed flower designs as elements in a variety of fun, fashionable, hip craft projects. Kanzashi in Bloom offers advice on materials, three petal-folding styles, and techniques for assembling a Kanzashi flower. You’ll also find instructions for 20 projects to wear and give as gifts, including:
• Tiny blossom earrings
• Flowers-in-your-hair clips
• The happiest belt buckle ever
• Elegant floral gift topper
- Product Dimensions: 8.55 x 0.39 x 10.02 inches
- Item Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.19 pounds
- Manufacturer: Potter Craft
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- Item MPN: POT-84817
- Item part number: POT-84817
- Potter Craft Books-Kanzashi In Bloom